Tuesday, October 03, 2006

CAVEMEN

I recently sent in my submission for the Ellora’s Cavemen 2007 anthologies. Six mixed genre stories, 10-12K in length, comprise the four anthologies. A book is released each quarter. The 2007 series will be Jewels of the Nile.
The twenty-four stories are selected by a group of EC editors without the editors knowing which author wrote the story. Having your story selected for Cavemen is akin to winning a contest.
I like the Cavemen selection process. Every writer, whether published or not, has a shot. The stories expose readers to a variety of writing styles and the genres include contemporary, historical, paranormal and futuristic. If you haven’t read a Cavemen anthology, you’re missing out.

The following Cavemen anthologies have stories by RedHotRomance authors:

Ellora’s Cavemen Tales of the Temple I: Kate Douglas and Doreen DeSalvo
Ellora’s Cavemen Legendary Tails I: BJ McCall and Cricket Starr
Legendary Tails III: Kate Douglas
Ellora’s Cavemen Dreams of the Oasis II: BJ McCall
Dreams of Oasis III: Cricket Starr

Did I leave anyone out?

If my story, a futuristic called Silk, is selected I'll be sure to blog about it.

Comments:
Hi B.J!

What an exhaustive list! I don't think you left anyone out. Definitely let us know when your volume is released.

Funny that you should mention that story (AT HIS MERCY). It's one of my favorites, about a psychic heroine who's overweight and an alpha male who wants to get the upper hand in their games. My Loose Id editor, the estimable Maryam Salim, asked me about that story the other day, hoping I could write some kind of sequel for Loose Id. I'm noodling around with that but I'm not sure sequels are my forte.

I'm all admiration for those of you who can keep a series going, adding new conflicts and characters as each separate story develops. I've never been able to juggle, and I think managing a series demands the same dexterity. I'm thinking of Kate with her fab-u WOLF TALES, but kudos to all of you pulling off the feat of a series.

Cheers,
Doreen
 
Thanks Doreen...and I have to agree with BJ, that is quite a list! I didn't enter one this year. Was just too busy with my Chanku, but the Caveman anthologies are great for exposure.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?