Monday, September 18, 2006

New release Day, The Lost Wolf Warrior

Hey guys,

Okay it’s my blog day, but also new release day for me, which is always an exciting time. Today my book, The Lost Wolf Warrior--a re-written version—will be released from http://Liquidsilverbooks.com. Let me tell you a little bit about the Solarian Warrior Series-- of which The Lost Wolf Warrior is book #1.

I wrote The Lost Wolf Warrior many, many, years ago as my first completed novel, so the book holds a special place in my heart. When I was writing the tale I decided I had to have a strong female warrior as my heroine and I got to thinking, what if she has a talisman, an animal, I though. I set the story in 13th Century England/Scotland and I really wanted my female heroine, Serena, to have a wolf by her side and for them to have a telepathic connection.

I started doing research on wolves in England during that time period. To my dismay, I discovered, King Edward the Ist ordered the eradication of the wolves in 1280, until they were completely extinct in England and eventually Scotland by the early 1600’s. To this day, there are no wolves in either country, despite activist attempt at brining them back.

I was totally dismayed to think an entire species of animal could be killed off that way. So I created a group of people called the Solarian's, who lived in harmony with their wolves until that fateful day in 1280 when King Edward sent English soldiers to kill not only the wolves, but the Solarian's as well . After the battle, the surviving Solarian's left England and settled in the Scottish Highlands, where they formed a secret Realm. Today, they still live in the Highlands and protect their wolves. And so the Solarian Warrior Series was born.

Please come by and visit my adopted wolf, Wana at http://WolfMountain.com

Here's an intro to Book #1 of the series:

The Lost Wolf Warrior

The year is 1311. Serena de Reincolt, a young Warrior of the Wolf, is tasked with a quest: Retrieve the sacred scrolls of Solaria and the outlawed murderer, Ziem.

Failure means certain death for the Solarians.

Found at age six in the Forest of the Dean with no memory of his former life, Lord Roan Aston, the Wolf, has always felt a part of him was missing.

One thing Roan knows for certain--he is finished with warring. Taking up King Edward's offer to protect a castle on the Scottish border, Roan is as content as he can be.

It wasn't until Roan met an incredible woman in the most extraordinary circumstances that he pieced together his purpose in life. But their journey is fraught with danger and a vengeful King who will stop at nothing less than eradication of all those he feels threaten his rule.

Suddenly, Roan and Serena are protecting more than a society of gifted people; they are fighting for their lives, their love, and a fantastic legend.

Rae

http://RaeMonet.com


Comments:
Hi, Rae.

I was one of the lucky people who got to read this book just as it was released the first time. I liked it then, and enjoyed the rest of the series just as well.

Great news on the re-release!

Dee
 
Ahh, thanks guys ;)
 
Hi Rae!

So excited for you on having your innovative story re-released. This is a compelling series with such wonderful characters, where their stories are so appealing.

A Big Congrats!
 
Thanks Karin, thanks Amelia.
 
I admit I haven’t read this one, but, hey, the re-release sounds like my chance to start a great series from the beginning.

I like what you did with your research and how you handled this challenge. Instead of scrapping the idea or ignoring the facts and citing creative license, you worked around the problem. Kudos.

And shame on Edward I.
 
Thanks, NL. I agree with you, shame in King Edward Ist.
 
Congrates Rae!!

Loved "The Lost Wolf Warrior" the first time it came out!!
 
Fantastic, Teoh. Thanks for coming over!!!

Okay, the free e-book goes to Ameliar. Amelia, if you want to e-mail me at Rae@Raemonet.com, I'll make arrangements to ship you a free copy of one of my books. ;)
 
Very cool, Rae! WTG on the re-release. :)
 
Wow!! Many thanks, Rae, for the fantastic opporunity to win one of your always fabulous stories! I really appreciate it very much!

Congrats again on your re-release!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?