Saturday, June 17, 2006

30th wedding anniversary

Next Monday hubby and I will have been married for 30 years. I know that sounds impressive, and I have to admit to being a little impressed myself. After all it means well over half my life has been spent with this man, and him with me.

When we first talked to the minister about getting married, he asked us what we had in common. Jim and I just looked at each other and smiled and told him that we both liked Mexican vampire movies. Which is to say that we both have off-beat senses of humor, and we enjoy the odd little things that life tends to throw at you.

One of our favorite TV shows is called The Amazing Race, where pairs of people, often couples, follow clues to race each other around the world. The best teams are usually people who work well together and don't let the strangeness get to them. To celebrate our 30th we've decided on our own amazing race...a three week trip around the world:

San Francisco, Tokyo, Kyoto, Hong Kong, Delhi, Agra, Athens, the Greek Islands, Delphi, Cairo, Luxor, London, San Francisco. Planes, trains, boats, and automobiles will be involved. At least 50 hours will be spent on airplanes alone.

We're leaving June 25 and returning July 16. For once I'm not bringing a laptop computer, but I will still try and post occasionally. It will be fun, exhausting, exciting, and stressful.

Rather like being married for 30 years.

Cheers,
Janet Miller/Cricket Starr

Comments:
Happy anniversary!

What a wonderful story, Janet. How come you haven't written about this one yet? :-)

Your trip sounds awesome! Have a wonderful time -- I look forward to reading about your adventures.
 
Ahhh, that's so kewl. Have a great trip!!!!
 
Wow that sounds like a FANTASTIC trip!
;-) Bella
 
Thanks, everyone!

I'm looking forward to the trip almost as much as I am the next 30 years or so. Life is rarely boring with my hubby.

Cheers,
Janet/Cricket
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?