Sunday, April 09, 2006

Relaxing?

I'm beginning to think I've forgotten how to relax. This weekend is the first chance I've had to kick back without a story due since signing my contract with Kensington. Since late September I've written two single title novels and three 30,000 word novellas. Finished the last one on Friday, and I'm taking a break before starting my next single title. The only probelm is, my break-taking appears to be broken! I can't turn it off...yesterday I drove over 200 miles to attend an RWA Chapter meeting, and today, in spite of my best intentions to be a bum I've updated my website, built a new site for my late mother-in-law's funeral pictures, organized my office and harassed my husband. He finally gave up and went for a bike ride--and it's RAINING outside, so that tells you how desperate he is to get away from me! Even the dog is in hiding. I know Rufus is afraid I'll make him run around the block again--in the rain. We've done the mile loop once today and as far as he's concerned, that's enough. Any of you guys have this problem? An inability to turn off the motor, to let the engine at least IDLE for a bit? I can't even sit and read. It's like I'm full of nervous energy I can't direct and there's not a project to direct it toward. Hmmm...maybe I'll just go cook something.

Comments:
Sweetie you should have called me to come over to go walk with you, that is unless your on your mountain. You know me and curves dont' go well. LOL icia
 
Bless you, m'dear! I actually thought of asking you to go to the meeting with me, but figured I'd be leaving so early it wouldn't work. As it was, I was STILL late! (Of course, I got lost in Emeryville...)
 
lol, anytime, YOu know I love visiting with you and boy I could use the exercise. icia
 
LOL...milady, when I start cooking to ease frustration, it's almost ALWAYS either HOT or chocolate! Or a quiche, with lots of cheese and sour cream and eggs, or something equally bad for me. I love to cook. I'm also married to a REAL skinny man who loves to eat. It's so unfair. If I ate like he does, I'd look like the Goodyear blimp. Proof to me that God is indeed a man.
 
I usually read when I'm in that state. I've got far more books around than I'll ever be able to get through in my normal life.
 
LMAO! I can't learn to turn it off! Though, the sun came out yesterday and I went out and worked in the yard. Can hardly move today, I'm so sore, but it was so nice to feel the sun after so much rain. Of course, it's gray and yucky today.
 
Maybe you can't be idle, LOL.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?