Sunday, April 02, 2006

Beware the Ides of March...

Well, poor Julius Caesar didn't pay attention, and look what happened to him? This past month of March has been absolutely horrible in our household. We had the deaths of two family members, both elderly, but their passing was totally unexpected and dealt a blow to the entire clan. We broke records for rain in northern California, and here in our home at Cobb we actually had snowfall on the 31st of March, which has been terribly depressing. There have been family crises too numerous to mention, all of which have done their best to stand between me and the inevitable deadline on the WIP. I know...it's not "all about me," and in light of all that has happened I guess my moaning sounds damned petty...but then, every once in awhile, in spite of interruptions and all the crap that life can throw at you, there comes a day where the words just flow. I wrote almost 10,000 of the little suckers yesterday, managed to figure out how my story will end and have just one final chapter to write today. It's days like this, where you finish with a most amazing rush that you have to admit there is no finer job in the world than to be an author.
It takes you out of the everyday world, away from sadness and depression and things that conspire to weigh you down, and delivers you into a fantasy world where you have, if not complete control, at least a lot more than you do in real life. Days like that are pure gold, not to be ignored but to be savored. Of course, in my case, it didn't happen until the first of April... :-)

Comments:
Weird. March brought the death of three family members in our family tree.
 
Man, March has been good to me, First Sale, Golden Heart finalist. I hope every March is this good.
 
I'm sorry, Faith. It was definitely a tough one for us, too. I think Rae must have gotten all the good luck! I am SO glad one of us was on a roll!!! Congrats, Rae, and best of luck. I'll be there cheering for you at the GH!
 
Kate--I"m glad you were able to tap into your well of creativity just as April came around!

And Rae--you know how fab I think you are!!!!
;-) Bella
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?