Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The winner is

I didn't watch the Oscars. If fact, the only best picture nominee I saw was Crash. I liked the movie. I don't know how it stacked up against the other nominees, but I'm curious about what you think.

Was Brokeback Mountain "the movie of the year"?

I like movies to entertain me and I love a good story. I don't care if the the lead actor did an amazing job - if the story sucked - the movie sucked!

My other question - is Crash as good the recent winners?

Million Dollar Baby
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Chicago
Beautiful Mind
Gladiator
Titanic

If you have an opinion, post it.

BJ McCall

Comments:
I saw both Crash and Brokeback Mountain, and loved them both. But in terms of best picture, I think they got it right. While both movies were moving and definitely have stayed with me long after viewing, I think Crash was ultimately more provocative, and really portrayed a very real reflection of how people act and feel about race.

I didn't see Capote - but I have to say I'm really bummed Heath Ledger basically got shut out of all the acting awards. Having grown up around Wyoming cowboys, I can attest that his portrayal is so true to life it's heartbreaking. He got the voice, the accent, the way of talking, the body language - it's so authentic.

and how hot is Eric Bana?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?