Saturday, March 11, 2006

Snowed in in California?

Today I should have been in Berkley with other members of the San Francisco Bay Area chapter of Romance Writers of America. I actually rejoined the chapter specifically to attend this meeting because I was so looking forward to seeing Hilary Sares speak about the new Aphrodisia line -- the one I write for. Well, it snowed on Thursday. Then again on Friday. Not just a little bit of snow but a whole LOT of snow. We live at the bottom of a hill. You have to drive up over the hill then WAY down the other side to get to the main road, which is little more than a narrow two-lane rural highway. My husband entertained himself last night and this morning watching cars start up the hill, then slide down it backwards, sideways and everything in between. (Men find great humor in situations such as this!) No way was I going to shovel my little Nissan Sentra out of the snow drift it's been sitting in, then attempt to drive up a hill that was outwitting big honkin' 4WD SUVs and pickups! Instead, resigned to missing a chance to hang with other writers and enjoy the company of people who are every bit as comfortably neurotic as I am, I ended up staying home watching the snow melt. There is still quite a bit of it out there and it's beautiful, which is really quite a nice consolation prize. I still wish I could have gone. Who would have expected SNOW in the middle of March? This is California, for goodness sake!!! Wonder what's in store for me when the next meeting comes up in April? Hurricanes? Tornadoes? I don't imagine I'll have to worry about snow. Do hope all of you who made it to the meeting had a wonderful time.

Comments:
Awww... sorry you missed the meeting :(
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?