Monday, March 20, 2006

A little inspiration is all it takes

Jami, my critique partner extraordinaire, called me last Saturday when I was in Hawaii to tell me that she had told her editor about my multi-cultural women's fiction proposal and she wanted to see it.

Have I mentioned I love Jami recently? You see, I've been sitting on some big revisions to this proposal in my head for months...even though an editor at Warner had asked to see it again I haven't done them because it became this big thing in my head.

But one voice mail from Jami and suddenly I was writing like the wind. And I think the brand new kick ass proposal will be ready by the end of the week. Yee-ha!

;-) Bella Andre
http://www.BellaAndre.com

Comments:
aww, thanks, though I can't really take any credit for your inspiration. but I hope you didn't spend your entire week in Hawaii working!
 
LOL...Inspiration? I call that a well needed kick in the butt. Good girl, Jami, and good on you, Bella, for getting at it. Congrats. We all should have such good buds!
 
Kate, it was totally a kick in the butt. My husband had already tried it, but I sort of ignored him. On the other and, Jami's so good at being subtle...(unlike moi)...that I couldn't resist any longer! ;-)

You gotta love when your CPs remember proposals you've got lying around and forcing you to show them to editors. Actually, I've heard of several sales that happened this way...maybe I could be another one with this book?

;-) bella
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?