Thursday, February 16, 2006

My "Wow!!!" moment!

I remember watching old movies about Hollywood where the star would take a call from their agent...the waiter would bring the phone to the table in a classy restaurant and everyone waited while the "Important Star" took their important call. So, with that background in mind, picture this: I'm driving home when my cell phone rings. Now, we live in a mountainous area where it's easy to lose a connection, so I take a look at my phone, see that it's my agent and pull over to park in front of a winery. The "wow" moment came a few minutes later, as I was talking to my agent about the new stories Kensington wants...we're talking options and money and contracts and all of a sudden, I had my WOW moment. This was better than the movies...it was all about me! My career, after twenty long years, is beginning to grow. Wolf Tales has been in the top ten in erotica at Barnes and Noble for two months now. Sexy Beast, my newest book, debuted at #7 and is currently at #4 in erotica. Wolf Tales is #3 after two months...and it's spent more time at #1. Unfortunately, none of this feels real. However, what does feel real is my own, personal "wow" moment. I wouldn't trade that for anything.

Comments:
Dang but that sounds wonderful...and well deserved. Fabulous story, Kate!
 
Congrats Kate! you are now the official queen of Aphrodisia!
 
I love your story. And you totally are queen. ;-) I'm thinking about my wow moment. there've been lots, i suppose, will try to narrow it down to blog about in the future.
;-) bella
 
Thanks, guys. I've been buried in Wolf Tales III and just now coming up to check and see what's here! yes, it really was/is wonderful. My agent has been as excited as me, I think. (Poor thing is figuring she might finally make some money off me, after representing me for five years without a sale!) Now I'm up to twelve titles and it boggles my mind. I want to hear about YOUR "WOW" moments!
 
Awesome story! Congrats. Success tales always seem to give me a needed lift. Thanks for sharing.
 
Thanks, Trista. I'm still floating, though I do need to come down to earth soon and finish the damned book! I'm almost through with my first draft of Wolf Tales III--time to step back and give it a fresh look before I wind it up.
 
My agent is Jessica Faust of BookEnds. There's a link to her website on the upper left hand corner at www.katedouglas.com She's terrific and I've recommended her to a number of other authors who have signed with her and gotten good contracts.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?