Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Do you wait for inspiration?

I'm wondering, because if ever there was a day in which inspiration would refuse to appear, it's today. Baby's been sick for four days with stomach virus. Husband woke up with huge fever and cramps. Guess who's been taking care of them both?

And yet, I have to give myself serious props, because any spare moment I get (like when they both decide to actually take a nap), I'm butt to the chair, fingers to the keyboard.

Oh yeah, and I'm writing sex scenes today. First one came out pretty good, if I do say so myself.

How do you deal with writing when life gets in the way?
;-) Bella

Comments:
Sometimes I don't. There are a lot of days when life gets in the way and I just let it. As a writer, I figure any experience I have is something I may be able to use in a story some day. There are days when writing is a chore, not a pleasure. When that happens, it's time to curl up with a good book or veg out in front of the TV, or maybe just take a walk. Hope the family is much improved.
 
On the days when I have a VALID excuse for life getting in the way of writing, I do as Kate said: I just let it. But, when it starts to feel like it's been too long -- like, when the stress of not writing is almost as strong as the family/life stress, then I make time to write, whenever I can, in between the stressors. Just like you did. So, pat yourself on the back for getting that sex scene done! And best wishes for a speedy recovery for your family.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?