Thursday, January 26, 2006

I love the publishing industry

No, really. I do. Stop laughing. I'm serious.

See, I stepped into writing after ten years in the music industry. Now that's some depressing stuff. My husband and I have never watched American Idol until this year, but even the people with the great voices....well, I know for a fact that 99.9% of them will never make any money with their talent. And ask anyone, I'm a *very* positive person. It's just the honest truth.

Whereas I know lots of talented writers. Who are making money and in many, many cases, making a good living via novels. How fantastic is that?

Plus, I ADORE everyone I meet in publishing. Me and my CPs have been meeting with a group of established writers for lunch once a month (check them out at www.fogcitydivas.com) and we have the best time together. The best. No one ever wants to leave the table. And it's always like this--at every RWA meeting, etc.

Off to write!
;-) Bella Andre
http://www.BellaAndre.com

Comments:
After spending essentially decades working in a "man's world" (engineering is, for the most part, men) I adore hanging around people more like myself. Mature, female, and with a love for romance.

That's one reason I love being a writer.
 
Janet-
Exactly!!! What a wonderful community us romance writers are.
;-) Bella
 
Writers are the best community! Glad you'ev found great friends to surround yourself with.
And - you've been tagged, to commit a Random Act of Kindness. Pass it on!
http://ksteele2.blogspot.com/2006/01/random-acts-of-kindness.html
 
I love the stories behind romance authors...why, how, when they got into the business. It's so neat to be around people with the same obsession--to get stories down on paper before they drive us insane!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?