Thursday, December 15, 2005

if only my husband were gay....

Then I could buy him clothes for Christmas....

I swear, I just went to an outlet mall that has every store and every brand and not one single thing didn't scream, "I'm twenty and flaming". Sigh. My husband looks good in thick, rugged sweaters. You know, manly clothes. But evidently those don't exist anymore.

In other news, on the drive home from the fruitless shopping trip, I heard Alanis Morrisette's "You Oughtta Know" and it reminded me of the fact that back in 1995 when I heard it for the first time I nearly drove my car into a ditch. Damn, it's a good song. Especially the line, "And every time you speak her name does she know how you told me you'd hold me until you died, But you're still alive."

Damn, I love that. The songwriter in me just gets all giddy with lines like that.

;-) Bella

http://www.BellaAndre.com

Comments:
Try, L.L. Bean, Nyree, they still carry manly clothes ;). Oh and Costco.
 
Yeah, I hear you on the clothes thing. But I can usually get away with CD's DVD's, and running/athletic gear. Hey, I know, maybe you could have some budoir photos taken, or offer to act out some scenes of your book...

And oh my God, we may have identified one of those fundamental incompatability points - I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE that song with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns. Oh well. I suppose we can't agree on everything. I really like Alanis as a person (or at least a persona) and love the fact that she was in Dogma and has possibly the cutest fiance in the world. Does that count?
 
Bella, there's a little shop in Healdsburg called "Everywhere," and it's all regular clothes, regular prices, heavy sweaters and man stuff. I'd be lost without it. Come shop and I'll buy you lunch! As far as Alanis Morisette...her writing is amazing and tears at your gut.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?