Friday, December 30, 2005

Happy New Year Everyone!

Figured I'd pop in with a quick flyby post as little man naps (he learned to shit through his diapers over Christmas. I'm so very proud!). Hoping everyone survived the holidays. As 2006 rapidly approaches, I want to hear from you. First, what happened in 2005 that you're particularly psyched about? What do you want to improve on for 2006 (I hate the whole resolution thing, so I prefer to think of them as areas that I hope to improve upon)?
Here's what I'm psyched about for 2005:
1. After 5 years of trying to get pregnant, I finally had a baby boy in May
2. After 3 years of writing, I sold 3 books this year
3. The success of my writing buddies - Bella's first book from Pocket not only debuted, it made Bookscan! And Monica... (last name of pseudonym still TBD) got a 3 book deal from Ballantine.
4. I got a fantastic agent
5. After having my little man, I took off all the pregnancy weight plus 5 pounds (and yes, I know I'm incredibly shallow, but whatever)

Things I'd like to improve on for 2006:
1. My abs (did I not mention the shallowness?)
2. My attitude towards potentially stressful situations (I call it pre-stressing)
3. My organization and time management skills
4. Using my babysitting/baby nap time to be productive (as in, BICHOK)

Okay, now you go!

Comments:
Congrats on all the success in 2005!!!
 
Hmmm...what am I psyched about? After twenty years I finally got a NY contract--in fact I got two, for three single titles and three novellas, and while my babies are grown, they're now producing wonderful babies of their own. I've found terrific authors to work with and have lost and regained the same twenty pounds about five times over the last twelve months...but then I'm almost 56 and gravity is winning. I guess I'm too old for shallow, but I would like to be able to zip my jeans. And something I don't talk about much but am thankful for every day is the multiple sclerosis that is in full remission after dealing with it most of my adult life...so yeah, there is a lot in 2005 that's good...but I think 2006 will be a hell of a lot better! Thanks for the reminder, Jami, and may the muse be generous in the coming year.
 
woo hoo! Great 2005. Hope your 2006 is just as wonderful.
 
Kate - first and foremost, congratulations on your good health. Good reminder that as I'm shallowly stressing over my non-six pack midsection, we should all be thankful when our bodies feel good and can do everything we ask of them, whether it's enduring several hours in an office chair or hiking up a big hill.

And Skully - how cool! I know you've been waiting a long time to sell those books, and I'm so glad your agent is ready to hit New York with the "Max" series.
 
Wow! Fantastic 2005 successes for everyone. ;-) May 2006 be even better!!!! I love this group. Let's see, this year I'm thrilled with:
1. My first full length novel came out with Pocket and was on Bookscan's Top 100 for 2 weeks!!
2. Pocket bought two more this summer. Yeah!
3. My 16 month old son is so cute and smart and funny.
4. My husband is the greatest, most wonderful person.
5. My dog is getting grayer but still around stinking up the house.
6. I love everyone who writes me fan e-mail since Take Me came out. It's so exciting. They rock!

For 2006:
1. Of course I hope for lots more sales. ;-)
2. Big money would be good too. ;-)
3. Good health, of course, for me and my family and friends.
4. Lots of quality time with my friends. I love you all!
5. Great writing and great ideas.
6. Less stress.
7. LOTS of happiness.

;-) Bella Andre
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?