Thursday, November 24, 2005

Turkeys

Turkeys

Each Thanksgiving millions of Americans come together around a table in anticipation of a delicious, mouth-watering stuffed turkey. Family and friends take their first bit of the succulent meat and each turns to the cook and praises their time, expertise and effort.
When a new book is released, the author waits for the praise of readers and reviewers.
I have been blessed. I write stories, companies publish them, wonderful people read them and reviewers take time to write a couple of paragraphs about them.
But not all reviewers love them as much as I do.
Authors always quote the great reviews so in celebration of turkey day I thought I’d share quotes of my not-so-great reviews.

Slumber Party Inc.
The sex, rather than being hot, just seems a bit unbelievable and slightly gratuitous.
Barb
JERR

Things That Go Bump in the Night V
Embrace Forever
B.J. McCall weaves an entertaining tale about two lost souls. The only drawback to this is the focus seems to be on sex and not the characters and engaging storyline.
Stacey
Road to Romance

But the best of all was on Amazon!
Icy Hot
This is the worst book I’ve read in a long time.
Rochelle

Thanks to Barb, Stacey and Rochelle for taking the time to make a comment.
Have a great Thanksgiving Day.
BJ McCall

Comments:
BJ,
You crack me up! And aren't you brave for posting these. Actually, I think your post entirely takes the sting out of them. Makes 'em laughable, really.
;-) Bella
 
I think Rochelle should win a prize...maybe six-day leftover turkey hash? :-) We've all gotten our share, but that one takes the cake...err, turkey!
kate
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?