Tuesday, November 22, 2005

All about the business...

Today was all about balance...trying to get away for a few days when you've got deadlines and copy edits and life in general, becomes a true juggling act. I wrote all weekend, drove down the hill from Cobb on Monday after finishing up a chapter that had kept me awake most of the night, picked up the mail in Geyserville and had a big package waiting for me. Surprise! Copy edits for Chanku Rising, my story in the Sexy Beast anthology. Due back now, or close to it, and of course we're headed out for a Thanksgiving trip to Hawaii to visit our kids tomorrow! Up until eleven working on the edits, awake again at three to finish them up, then laundry and housework and last minute errands and packing the suitcase, then the daughter and son-in-law and grandkids here for dinner while I raced back and forth to the computer to deal with promotional stuff with one of my online groups for Wolf Tales ...which, by the way, started shipping from Barnes and Noble this week, about six weeks ahead of schedule! Can we say STRESS? But in the midst of that was some cool stuff...a quick stop at Borders Express where it turns out almost all of my Ellora's Cave titles, recently restocked, have sold out. They asked me to sign what was left, which I did, and it was cool to see them sitting on the shelf with the "authorgraphed" sticker on the front. Now it's almost nine and my bags are packed, the dishes are done, the house is almost clean. I need to water my plants and make a few calls in the morning, and then we're off. I am SO looking forward to the next few days where I might actually get to READ a book instead of worrying about writing one. I want to wish all of you in the states a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving.

Comments:
Whoo hooo. Have a great one, Kate.
 
Drink a couple of mai tai's for me! And get some sleep.
 
After going through the stress of a book release very recently, I hate to read about anyone else going through it. Especially you Kate, because you're such a positive, solid force in this business. My new take on it all, is, well, not printable here. I got some great advice from JoAnn Ross on this--she says she used to really stress out early in her career about everything, but then she realized, screw it, she was going to let things be. And then she hit the NYT. Repeatedly. Gotta love that. So here's to letting things be.
;-) Bella Andre
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?