Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Yes, I'm late in posting

It’s 1:00 a.m. and I’m behind, the story of a writer’s life. Yes, I was supposed to blog Thursday. Well, that got blown out the water when a friend in need called and wanted to plot, so off I went. Just flew home Sunday night and there were 200 e-mails. Crits, yahoo group postings to handle, a book going into edits, a new cover to circulate to the other girls in the anthology, a bio to send the site featuring my book, website updates to do and… I was only gone three days. To top it off, another reject from NY waiting for me and no good news from my agent. It’s at times like this I ask myself, why do I write? Why?

Then I begin the edits on the story I turned in three months ago and I’m like, geesh, did I write that? It’s really good. What a cute story, I think my little fan group will love it. Okay, now I remember why I chose this crazy choice for a (as my husband would call it) hobby. Because, I absolutely, without a doubt, no questions asked, love to share the stories in my head and have people enjoy them.

No, it’s not all roses, but there sure is a great sense of satisfaction when you receive that review in your in-box… the recommended read and 5 stars like Fallen Angels gave me last week. And the one e-mail from the reviewer saying, “I really loved this story.”

THAT, is what it’s all about. So I’m off to bed, because in this business… sleep is really over-rated, but still, on occasion, needed. ;)

Rae


Comments:
LOL...that mail box can be a bit intimidating when you've been away...but every once in awhile you find a jewel in there and it makes all the rest worthwhile. As far as that age old question, "Why do I write?" You mean you've got a choice? We're writers. It's what we do. It's not a hobby, it just is...right up there with breathing and sleeping (which I've gotten damned little of lately...)
 
I don't know about you people, but I write for the money.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
*wipes tears*
Seriously though...
For whatever reason we share the compulsion to translate the stories in our heads onto the page and (god knows why) send them off for likely rejection.

And yet all it takes is one good review, one call from an editor or an agent, or even a call from my CP's saying how much they love my new story to remind me that it's all worth it.
 
I think we're Neurotic, LOL.
 
Rae, I write because I can't not write! Adn I think that's true for most of us....

Of course then there's the fame and money that comes with it...LOL
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?