Monday, October 24, 2005

Bad Day Gone Good (x 2)

(Karin, I couldn't resist a play on your Good Girl Gone Bad Title. ;-) Forgive me?)

Last week, I was having a bad day. Just felt like all the news was down not up, bad not good. I was bummed and moany and whining, but it was 2pm and my babysitter was here and by god it was time to write. Especially since I have a Nov 15th deadline on Wine, Women & Seduction--my WIP for Pocket, 2006. So, I sat down and pouted much like my 14 month old son (wonder where he gets that from?!) and then I forced myself to start at page one of my manuscript and revise/edit away.

Two hours later I looked up and realized the stormy clouds had passed and the sun was shining down. All the bad was gone, and I was perfectly happy again.

All because I was writing. I was having fun. I was in the world of the three very sexy ladies who were in Napa Valley with three very sexy guys and it was great.

Bad day gone good. Just like that.

And then this morning, I saw something on-line that made my heart sink. And it was even harder this time to sit down at my computer to write. The words swam. I didn't feel it. But I made myself do it, because otherwise, the bad stuff wins.

Screw that. And now, it's the end of my workday, and I'm about to go out to the living room to play with my big boy and I feel great again. All because I wrote. Some damn good stuff too, by the way.

;-) Bella Andre
Take Me: November 2005
http://www.BellaAndre.com

Comments:
I'm really glad the writing worked its usual wonders. Amazing how nice our fantasy worlds can be, isn't it? However, don't ever begrudge yourself a good whine. It's healthy!
 
Glad you were able to write your blues away. I'll have to try that the next time I'm reaching for the chocolate. Much healthier to write thru the angst than eat thru it!
 
Thanks for that Karen. It's so hard to write through the blues--it feels like the last thing I want to do--but it's amazing how powerful the act of creation is at obliterating all the bad stuff. At least while I'm typing on my keyboard, anyway.

;-) Bella Andre
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?